Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Somewhere over the rainbow

   Rainbows some say is a sign that there is hope at the end of a storm.
    Spiritual research says the rainbow was a message to Noah and his Arc from
God promising to never flood earth again.
    Others say a rainbow is a spiritual cleansing, promising the worst is over aka, a storm, and days ahead will get better.

This is the rainbow I saw 
               
                     


    "Somewhere over the rainbow way up 
      high. There's a land that I heard of 
      once in a lullaby"
                     (The wizard of Oz)

 

I saw this beautiful rainbow last nite when  
was exiting "Grillfire" a restaurant on Sunrise Highway in Merrick, NY.

     My daughter who is 12 asked "Is that a rainbow?" 

      I was very surprised, " You never saw a real rainbow before?" 

      "No" she replied.

How sad is it that most kids know how to draw a rainbow with crayons yet never actually seen one?
    Rainbows have become a rare sight,
so my daughter along with others leaving the restaurant snapped a photo or two.
    
I realized then that I myself haven't seen a rainbow in years.
       Rainbows like this one should celebrated. 
       Rainbows make me grin!!!